Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Self Image: Activity 1


What follows is a list of categories that serves to define and divide us. Make a personal list of the categories you belong to or have conflict with and visual symbols that are associated with each. Aspirations and expectations should also be listed. 
  1. Age/generation - is can dictate levels of independence afforded to the individual. 
  2. Gender - Our sex affects the way we are treated by some individuals. 
  3. Race - Prejudice and perceived racial superiority can affect hopes and aspirations. 
  4. Religion - Moral codes and ideologies that serve to guide, unite and divide. 
  5. Class or caste - A classification that an individual may never escape from. 
  6. Personality - Extrovert and introvert are classifications of personality. 
  7. Intelligence - educational establishments, based on IQ, often segregate us. 
  8. Political persuasion - Left wing or right wing. Each carries its own ideology. 

  1. I am seventeen years old and my generation would be a teenager living in the 21st century. 
  2. I am a female.
  3. My race or ethnicity is Hispanic or Latina.
  4. My religion is Catholicism.
  5. My class is middle class.
  6. My personality would be bubbly, caring, kind, and generous.
  7. I don't consider myself a smart person. I think I am a little less than average, but not dumb.
  8. When it comes to Political persuasion,I get persuaded by accurate tactics, but emotion plays a big part in persuading me.

No comments:

Post a Comment